Saturday, March 9, 2013

Take a Walk on the Sunnyside

I decided this week that I spend too much time thinking about the things that make life hard rather than the so many wonderful things in my life that make life easier. Like:

1. My Dad. He's is legitimately one of the best supports I have. He thinks that everything I do is perfect. I'm also pretty sure that he thinks I could go to the moon and back. He also thinks I am a rockstar.
2. My Mom. She is a voice of reason, even if I don't feel like reasoning. She also agrees with me. All the time. Because as it would turn out, we have the same mind. She also makes me laugh. A lot.
3. My brothers. All four of them. Because they are older now, so they have stopped trying to make my life hard.
4. My two beautiful sister-in-laws. Because they are too kind and raise perfect children.
5. My best friend and cousin who is in Nebraska right now. And although he doesn't always know it, his letters usually say exactly what I need to hear.
6. My friend who is across the country who lets me say whatever I want and doesn't think any less of me. And even though being friends while having multiple states between us is really hard. He stays friends with me anyway.
7. Haddles. Who through it all. Is still my bestie. And that's all that matters.
8. My doctor who knows how to fix the things that make my life miserable.
9. My coworkers.
10. My employers who let me work my own hours and understand that sometimes school can kick your trash.
11. The faithful friend who takes me to the doctor and sits in the waiting room for an hour and fulfills his calling.
12. The friends that let me come and talk to them for long periods of time and still let me come back.
13. My classmates who make class bearable and make studying easier.
14. My aunt and uncle who let me do laundry for free and eat their food.
15. My roommate who helps keep me sane and also shares the cleaning load with me (her load is often heavier).
16. Music.
17. My dance class.
18. The people I know who smile when they see me.
19. Sunny days.
20. My faith and the gospel. Life would definitely be hard without it.

Basically, as hard as life seems it could always be harder. And I'm glad it's not.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad there are things making your life easier. Everyone's life should be easier sometimes. And if you ever need another friend to visit and talk to for a long time, I'm just....kind of a lot of blocks down the street. :)

    ReplyDelete