Wednesday, April 27, 2011

here I sit

Tonight I find myself waiting, fingers at the ready, for something deep and thoughtful. Something wise and profound. I feel like something as monumental as breaking up with my first college boyfriend, finishing my first year of college, my brother's marriage, and moving back home for a short while would inspire some sort of beautiful feelings to be written down and shared with the world on my blog.
On the contrary.
My usual stream of consciousness writing has stopped.
I feel empty.
Empty of thoughts.
I feel so much, but nothing at all.
I want so much.
But can't.
For so long, I've been waiting.
And now, I'm realizing, that I've been waiting for the wrong things.
It's time for new dreams.
New things to wait for.
Or maybe, for waiting to stop all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment