Saturday, May 28, 2011

rock thoughts

The other day, I had the afternoon off and decided to spend some quality time in nature, and luckily enough, I never go anywhere without a sketch book and some scratch paper. So as I walked along a river I found a beautiful spot and sat and pondered a while and got up and decided to further my search and found the perfect rock, I got out my paper and started writing. And this is what came:

You never know if there's something better down the road. Sometimes you have to give up something good to get to something better. But when do you reach THE BEST? How will you ever know? Isn't it sometimes okay to settle because you're the happiest you've ever been. You may be able to reach that same level of happiness, but will you ever be able to surpass to surpass it? I think I like rivers so much because of the sound of the water, it reminds me of the ocean. That's where I've been happiest around water I think. Makes me sad for this beautiful river, because it just isn't doing it for me.
I don't want my life to be that way.
I don't want to have to settle for a river if I know there's and ocean.

I am now developing a system in which I can quickly and easily compare boys to water.

No comments:

Post a Comment