Wednesday, July 13, 2011

and I wouldn't want to be anyone else

it's funny how much I find myself wanting freedom.
I crave the freedom of being myself.
A 100% individual.
Today, my friend asked me out of all the girl's we work with,
which one's body would I want.
I hated that question.
Why is it that so many people want to be like someone else, yet claim originality?
How is it that someone can be an individual if they spend all their time wishing they were someone else?
Part of me wanted to be offended at her question.
In my mind, my body is pretty amazing.
I mean, I have two legs, two arms.
All my appendages are in the right place.
I can walk, I can run.
I have hair, I have teeth, I have health.
And I have a fully functioning brain.
What's not to like about all that?
I can't help to feel sorry for people who spend all their time wishing they could look like someone else.
Instead of getting offended, I just said that I wouldn't want anyone else's body, I'm more comfortable in my own skin.
(and really, I would hate anyone else to want to have my body. It's mine, and we've been through a lot together, I have too many
memories and x-rays to give it up)
It's pretty spectacular the freedom I have to love myself for who I am.
And really, everyone does.
I just cannot express how much I wish that everyone did.


No comments:

Post a Comment