Sunday, July 24, 2011

the leaving game

its funny how easy it is to forget the people who leave
yet how hard it is for the people who leave to forget
I always seem to be the one who leaves.
I am always the one who wants to leave.
but I realized at a young age
that leaving makes you wonder what could have happened if I stayed.
each time I leave
I start a new life
I make loads of new friends
and am faced with the constant struggle to have the old ones remain
I just love having friends
but I leave them
I don't treat them right I think
I leave and meet new people
and expect them to remember me
expect them to think of me like I think of them
I'm the leaving kind
but I don't like to be left

it's not easy to leave
but oft times I leave with the intention of going back
and then having everything I left waiting for me
that's not how it works
it's not possible
we're all living our lives
things and people change every day
I change willingly
but expect everything else to stay the same
each day I'm finding more and more how selfish I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment