Thursday, August 2, 2012

and now my fears, they come to me in threes

It amazes me constantly how cowardly I feel when I have courage. I feel like every day I find courage I didn't know I had. The courage to ask for help from a stranger. The courage to ask for help from a friend. The courage to speak up in church. The courage to speak up in day to day conversations. I've never had courage before. Or maybe, I've never noticed it before. But now that I have, I still find myself terrified to acknowledge it. Courage is like a superpower.
Courage is when your fears lose their power over you.

It's okay to be afraid.
Fears are our insecurities.
I don't like to be thought of as an insecure person.
Ever.

Who does really?

I usually don't know what I'm afraid of until it's staring me in the face.
But it's in that moment that I have to decide what is more important to me.
I like to think that I push my fears to the ground and they run away, never to return.
That's not always true though.
Sometimes, they come back- and I have to push them down again.

As school is starting, I'm realizing that I am terrified.
Not so much of failure
Lewis failed a lot. But it was awesome in the end.

I am mostly afraid of the idea that failing means that I have made the wrong choice for my life.

Again.

But life goes on- whether I'm afraid or not.
So I'll push my insecurities aside once more and hope they never return.

"And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears"

No comments:

Post a Comment