Monday, December 10, 2012

slow dancing in a burning room

A about a year and a half ago, I had a friend take me to a place that I was always too afraid to go to. When we walked in the door, I realized that I was never going to be the same. There was something special about that place that I just couldn't let it leave my life.

Since that night, I have met some interesting people. The good, and the bad kind of interesting. Yet, I love all of them. I have never been in such a judgment free place in my life. To everyone there, it is simply a place to bond over a shared love.
I've gained some of the most wonderful of friends.
They have taught me so much.


mostly, I've learned that you can't take life to seriously.
you have to laugh, you have to dance
you have to completely be yourself and let people accept it.
you have to be real.

When I found out that this place was going to be discontinued as a venue. It saddened me a bit.
It's not so much that I won't be dancing, or that I won't have those people.
Those will thankfully remain the same.
It's just the place that will be gone. And I will miss it.


But the dancing will go on. If there's anything I've learned, is that you can dance as long as you can move.
music is preferred, but completely optional.
Lessons have been learned. Lessons have been taught.
And every time, I keep learning more.

I'm not actually at Blue Tango in this picture.
It just so happens to be the only picture I have of me dancing.






2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the one hand. On the other, you never really got to experience the joy of a real house party culture. It is seriously the best thing ever. I think you're gonna like it :)

    ReplyDelete