Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The House that Built Me

This weekend I went home. It was the best consecutive four days, well five days, because Wednesday was pretty good too, that I've had in a long long time. Then I came back to Provo and probably had one of the worse days that I've ever had in my life. You see, when you ditch two days of classes and then come back to realize that you have two midterms you HAVE to take on Monday, life is not fun. But I made it, I'm still alive, and hey- dropping out of college is not too bad of an idea right?

Long story short, going home was so worth it. I felt like a movie star when I showed up to the football game and my name was yelled across the crowd. I loved seeing my cousin and my twins. I loved harassing my little brother from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed. I also loved not having any responsibilities or having to make my own food. I got to gossip like a little girl again, but also show people that I'd grown up, and also see how others had grown up. When I think about it, it feels like I've been gone forever, but it's really only been like, five months. The longest five months of my life I think. But overall I got to see all of my friends and I really didn't want to leave, ever.

But once I think about it, coming back wouldn't be nearly as fun if I never left.

I'm back in Provo right now, life couldn't be more of a mess. But the thing about messes is that they can be cleaned up. Time to be a grown up again. Time to study, find a job, be a good friend, be a good roommate, and to adjust to people that don't know me like my friends back home do. I've been rejuvenated and remember who I am now. Now it's time to keep that in mind and become who I need to be. Life is confusing, it's hard, it's never perfect, but it's life, and I'm suppose to live it.

[[here we go (again)]]

No comments:

Post a Comment