Friday, October 1, 2010

My Favorie Letter

I realize that my most previous blog post could have been a little misleading. As much as I generally like the Media Center, it is not actually my favorite spot on campus, just my favorite spot in the library. In all reality, my absolute favorite place on campus is the math lab. I adore it there. I love it. I love getting help and helping others and the sound of people talking math. It’s like heaven, well, it’s what my heaven will be like. I love math.

Once I was in an Aca-Deca interview and my interviewer asked me why in the world I would want to be an accountant. I responded, “Because I love numbers and I want to use them every day for a long time....and I don’t like science.” It’s that simple. I just like numbers. I like it when an equation works out perfectly and all the work that is organized between answer and problem, it’s like a release.

One of the other things that I somewhat strongly appreciate about mathematics is it’s glorification of the letter x. Think about words and everything in life and the neglect of the little x. Math give x purpose, it gives it meaning. Consequently, x is my favorite favorite favorite letter. I love it. Most people don’t have a favorite letter; they may even find that a person with a favorite letter is kind of strange.

But let’s face it…I’m strange. And there’s just no getting around it.

[[hmm...nothing to do? I'll go hang out in the Math Lab]]

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are enjoying your freshman year and you are thinking of majors and everything :) I wish I was good at math...!

    ReplyDelete