Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Important Cause

Today, our cause is to save daylight. Daylight has been suffering greatly lately due to the seasonal change. It's life was at risk and today, we are attempting to save this friend of ours. The daylight. And may I just mention, that I really am suffering in the attempt. Gaining an hour of time in a life that already seems to drag is just another hour of time that I need to be productive in. I already have enough trouble with the 24 hour days, let's just add a 25 hour one.

In the third grade, I gained my extreme uncomfortableness with the whole idea of daylight savings. My teacher had us write a journal entry on the exciting event and let's just say, I didn't really understand what I was writing about. On Monday, the teacher had graded all the journal entries and she said that there was a lot of confusion and that she was going to read an example of a poor journal entry and one of a superior one. Let's just say, that was the first and only time that I was immensely ashamed of a teacher reading my work in class. And even if it was more of a bash on my writing than on my grasp of the concept. I will always blame daylight savings time on that embarrassment.

But at the same time, there are still many things I'm grateful for about saving daylight. For one, it made me a better writer. This year, it will allow me a chance to redeem myself and maybe I'll start waking up on time in the morning so I can get use to the whole 8 am class thing. I also get a whole hour more of weekend and more importantly a whole hour more of Sabbath. I love how relaxing Sundays are and the way they can rejuvenate me and prepare me for the upcoming week. So in a way, saving daylight is saving me, so I guess I'll just be happy for it.

In addition, I would just like to say that:
November 4: I was grateful for my mom who called me and was the only person I talked to during eight hours of studying.
November 5: I was grateful for Emily and laughter, and also Rachel and Jamisyn, they are wonderful to me.
November 6: Yesterday I was grateful that I got to spend a whole day with my Jeffery. I had missed him a lot and I kind of miss him already.
November 7: I'm grateful for saving daylight.

Honey, let me sing you a song-
Listen to my words as they come out wrong...

1 comment:

  1. Am I the Emily that you are grateful for? Just say yes cause it will make me happy and I'll never know the difference

    ReplyDelete