Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Poetry Fits

I jumped in, dove head first,
when I hit the bottom I didn't think it'd hurt.
The water felt good.
I was addicted to it's touch.
I got stuck,
swimming in a pool of lust.
I need to put my head above water,
breathe the air.
But I was drowning in a sea of fear.
I'd get so close,
I'd feel the air to gasp,
but fall back in the water
by my attraction's firm grasp.
---------------------------------------------------
Quiet noise, a subtle rumble
She's there alone, waiting to crumble.
All is lost,
All is gone,
She doesn't know how long she can hang on.
The breakdown is coming,
She can feel it.
She doesn't mind as long as someone can heal it.
There is no one to run to.
Her world is falling to pieces,
Her confusion never ceases.
She needs a friend,
Someone who knows best.
Just a friend and she won't worry about the rest.
------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it just comes to me, it isn't always about my life. It just comes and I have to write.

1 comment:

  1. "Sometimes it just comes to me, it isn't always about my life. It just comes and I have to write." I know how that is. Love you. Also, I Love reading from you.

    ReplyDelete