Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the part that can't be put on paper

My roommates thought it'd be fun to draw their "brains" on our windows. It is interesting to see all the stuff that simply goes on in the head of those around you. Although when looking at the depictions every suspicion I've ever had about left handed people thinking differently has been confirmed. What my roommates chose to depict were lots of things I'd never even think of as the goings on in my brain.

Tonight a boy was walking by and stopped and looked at the window and then came inside to inquire about it. One of my roommates and I informed him that it was a depiction of the brains of two of our other roommates. He stopped and looked a little more at the window and said quite honestly,
"Where's all the ----- well, you know ----- the confusing stuff?"

My roommate and I looked at each other and laughed responding that the confusing stuff could never be put down on paper.
this made me think

why couldn't my roommates just write down the confusing things? were they afraid? could they not put it into words? was it actually difficult for them? or did they just want to keep those kind of things secret? I think that's what makes me different. If someone told me to depict my brain. I would include EVERY bit of the messy confusing parts that even I don't fully understand. It is because it's so confusing that it's such a big part of what is going on. A depiction of my brain would not form full complete comprehensive thoughts. Just words and happy pictures that come to mind. The truth is, the confusing stuff can be put down on paper.
But it's still going to be confusing.

after laughing about the insanity of a woman's train of thought, my roommate got a text and started freaking out. She started to explain, but couldn't put into words that the boy could understand, but words that I understood perfectly. But as she was running out of the room to grab her shoes, the boy said,
"this is the part that can't be put on paper."

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I love the confusing part of life. Thank you for posting. and for letting me read it.

    Love love love, Becca

    ReplyDelete