Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Fell Asleep in Your Arms

While I was home, I went to see my friends puppies often. They were born the night before I arrived and all they really did was eat and sleep, each one would fall asleep in your hands. Small and vulnerable, these puppies so willingly trusted me to protect them. They couldn't see me, yet here they were, dozing gently in my arms. I fell in love with each one of them.

I wish I was as innocent as a newborn puppy. Only knowing that being held means warmth and love. Not everyone who holds you brings warmth and love. Did you know that? Sure, at the moment, it may seem like it. But later on, you don't feel the warmth. You feel the chill of their soul, and instead of love, bitterness.

While I held a puppy, he would sometime twitch, I would wonder if he was dreaming and what possibly a blind newborn puppy could dream about. I'm sure it would be nothing short of wonderful imagination at it's finest. I have always been one to dream while I sleep. I can't always remember my dreams, I know they happen, I sometimes I even know that they are happening. Most times I can change them while they are happening. When I can remember them, I wonder. Is there a reason why? Is there a deeper meaning? Should I keep those who are in them in close view in the months to come? Or should I perhaps leave these wonderful thoughts and ideas in my sleeping mind? Why is my sleeping mind doing this to me? Why? Why? Why?

I don't have answers. Perhaps I have one, life would just be so much easier if I could simply be a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment