Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Eyes of Dr.T.J. Eckelberg

It's late and I should be sleeping or preparing for better things, but I was talking to my cousin and was absolutely enlightened.

We've been reading and analyzing "The Great Gatsby" in English this week and one of it's main themes is that God's eyes are watching over all and He sees everything. And the main character sees things black and white, he doesn't judge people, he tells things as they are. And all I can think is how awesome it would be to see things so innocently. To stop judging and to just see things as they are. It's kinda like what we've been talking about in band about music and art.

I love it when everything I'm learning lines up. I love it when it all makes sense. But most importantly, I love I can use the things I'm learning to help others. It's intense. And I'm so happy that I don't see things black and white. I'm so glad that I have a chance to look over the bad things in people and see the good. Because people who don't judge don't have that chance. They can't overlook the bad or take the time to find the good. But from all I've learned from everything these are my words of wisdom:

1. The most important thing to believe in is yourself.
2. Look for the good in other people as well as yourself.
3. Love. Every moment, everything, everyone.
4. Know who you are.
5. Know who you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment