Thursday, March 5, 2009

To Prom or Not to Prom

Everyone knows that high school is all about going to the prom right? Maybe not really. But every girl in my school seems to think so. I'm not going to lie. I've thought about it, and I've had to opportunities to go in the past. But now I'm old enough to go and I have an opportunty, meaning I have a date, but I don't know if I want to go. It's kind of creating an internal conflict within me. A friend of mine told me to make a pro and con list so here it is....

PRO:
1.The date
2.The dress
3.The fun with friends and such
4.The boy is totally willing to go if I want to, SO sweet.

CON:
1.I've been saying I don't want to go for a long time now and my mom as always thought that I would....I don't want to prove her right.
2.Prom is a money drainer, I don't want to do that to the poor kid.
3.My brother comes home that day.
4.There's a rehersal scheduled for that day.

Counter-Arguement:
1.I don't care if my mother has been right all along
2.He's willing to go, this may not happen again
3.My brother's not leaving once he comes home, I'll have him back forever.
4.The rehersal will probably be cancelled.


So, I'm obviously, undecided.....sigh.

5 comments:

  1. I think you should go because of the dress. I think that makes it all worth it! :) And the fun with friends. That's my vote! I'm glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pro going. Prom is a once thing. When you graduate, you can't go again (but there is a slim chance you might). I would say go. You have convinced me to say yes to the guy who has asked me, so you should go with your fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Callie, I agree with them. Just go! It'll be tons of fun! And what else are you supposed to do in high school? High school, these teen years, are all about having fun. And right here is a perfect opportunity to go and have some fun. I went to Prom last year, and it was SO fun! I'm going again this year, and it's bound to be a blast. :) My sister told me that this is my last year before I'm officially an adult and that I should enjoy it while it lasts... before I really have to start taking responsibilities upon myself and worry about all that other stuff that grown-ups worry about. :D So I'm taking her advice. You should too. Whatever you decide though Callie, your friends are with you all the way. :) Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cons
    =>one word--Promenade
    =>do you really want Todd to make fun of you for going to Prom on his first day back?
    =>Prom's really not that cool, plus if by some strange circumstance Scott goes, you'll probably go in a group with him, and do you really want that
    =>I'm the only one in the family who said that you wouldn't go to Prom, and you should prove US right

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just go to prom. You'll wish you did anyway later.

    If all else fails, dress up, go, and then leave.

    ReplyDelete