Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In the Hunt

One of my all time favorite past times is looking for jobs. I'm seriously considering adding "filling out job applications" to the list of skills on my resume. No one seems to want such a beautiful, talented, perfect girl to work for them anymore. In all the applications I've filled out, I have had two actual jobs. That is not that many.

Now I'm at college, and I've applied for at least ten jobs and am getting so desperate. I'm considering adding to my applications: I like food, I'll work for that much. It's a little frustrating. The past couple of days have been no good for jobs on the website, but today, I struck gold. I applied for five positions today of varying description.

The first one is a cashier/stocker position at The Creamery.

The second is a phone registrar job. I'm still not so sure all that it entails, but I like to talk and there were FIVE whole positions open. That's a lot.

The third is a "potwashing job", whootsause I can dig it I guess.

The fourth is really hardly a position at all. It's to work concessions at the home football games. So I'd work...five days this semester. Not ideal, but I've done concessions before.

And then the last position I applied for is one that I am hardly qualified to fill at all. Like, I only met two out of the six qualifications. I just REALLY wanted to apply for the job because it's at the Museum of Archeology. I could work at a DINOSAUR MUSEUM if I was qualified. I made myself sounds really awesome though.

If there's one thing I've learned from job hunting, it's to

1. Show your confidence and make it sound like you're really qualified for anything

and

2. Give every job a chance, you'll never know the things you'll learn and experience. So don't just not apply.

"I'm super motivated and excited to learn new skills!"

No comments:

Post a Comment